Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I've decided to attempt my first diorama to use as a back drop for my figures when I photograph them. I decided to use the 1/2" styrofoam insulation board. I purchased an 8' x 4' x 1/2" sheet from my local Home Depot for $11.84.

I want to take my time and learn how to make nice dioramas, and at the same time try out several tutorials that have been posted around the web on how to do this. I'll take some pictures as I go and document what works and what doesn't.

For my first attempt, I have cut (2) 20" x 20" squares, one will be the backdrop the other will be the ground. I decided I want to have a door in the backdrop, so in the picture below, I have in the outline for a door. I based this off of a picture from an Afghanistan mud home, and the door is supposed to be smaller than the average door.

Here's what I have so far....


Thanks for looking....

No comments:

Post a Comment